Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Portos: Porkchops and Happy Endings

"Adulthood" has a way of messing up with the constant communication me and my friends have. With erratic work schedules, we ended up rarely seeing each other. The imminent wedding of my girl friend prompted an impromptu meeting, at least, with the people left in PH. 

By default, we met at Cebu IT Park. I particularly love the to stay at Chatime. The bright lights and colorful interior gives the place a light and friendly vibe. Plus, their menu of drinks are really refreshing.

We headed to Escario Central for dinner. We passed by a group of foreigners having dinner at Portos Diner and Grille and we could not help but crave for that sumptous meal they were having.

 Exterior: Portos at Escario Central

The place is relatively small, sits about 25-30 people. The lighting was incandescent; it may be good for intimate dinners, but I found it quite dark for Portos' set up. I loved the simple setting of the place, the wall decors were subdued yet artsy. 
 Corner table contains coffee cups and a coffee maker. 

 Wall decors at Portos. Artsy and subdued at the same time.

 We ordered various meat dishes. I was impressed by the fast service. The waiter was also very accommodating, he helped us a lot in picking food choices. He recommended house favorites. 

 Grilled Italian Porkchop. I didn't know butter goes very well with  meat! HAHA

 I seriously forgot what this was. But the gravy here is amazing! You can ask their waiters. I assure you, they're friendly!
 Grilled Pork Belly
Pork Sisig. Sizzling!


We definitely enjoyed a sumptuous meal at Portos. Don't hesitate to drop by when the craving for meat hits you. Let me know what you think. 

Bonus: See Portos Diner and Grill's menu here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment